Sunday, July 10, 2011

Shit or get off the pot

I went for my run yesterday, hated it, came home and cried.

I am super resentful of training right now and what's the point of spending 20 hours a week voluntarily doing something you hate.

I need to:
a) Get my head back into a space where training for Ironman is an exciting, healthful, therapeutic adventure that makes me feel good

or

b) Stop training, not do Canada and spend my free time doing things I love like spending time with friends, family, creative projects, fun exercise, and summertime.

It's clearly all in my head.  If I think about a 6 hour bike ride today for training, my body cringes and I immediately think of 9,000 better things to do. If I think of going for a solo bike adventure for fun, I'd do it. 

So I went today and talked to a guy from tri club who works a lot with mental training. 
I'm going deep.
Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment