Tuesday, July 5, 2011

31derful

 I had an awesome birthday last weekend.  Friends, sun, water, food, rad scavenger hunt left by main-man before he went to work, morning coffee in the trailer with Caroline, innertubing,  basking on the futon on the deck, hula hooping, meeting more people doing Ironman Canada, and lots of lots of love. 

  And now there's time to get my head right for my next race.  I'm still a bit mopey about Idaho, I cry, I wonder what the eff I was thinking signing up for another, I get pissed, but under it all I'm glad I'm going back to do it right.  Its time to train hard in body and I've got some work to do on my mind. Tonight I'm off to tri-club with some folks I'm pretty sure wear pointy helmets and don't fuck around. 

Here's some mind training I'm doing:
The next 9 weeks:
Be my best: Laugh a lot
Eat my best: Plan groceries and fuel so I can be fueled for workouts and recovery
Train my best: Complete all training goals each day
Recover my best: Prioritize sleeping 8 hours a night, take care of my shoulder

Long term goals in sport of Triathlon:
  • Arrive at Ironman Canada feeling calm and confident
  • Train so I have ample cushion time for each cut off
  • Complete Ironman Canada on August 28
Long term goals in life:
  • Work: Laugh a lot and do my best, connect with people, build farm, do a little each day
  • Community: Maintain peeps, build Hood River community now that I'm here
  • Level of commitment to acheiving tri goals: High for next 9 weeks
  • Price willing to pay to achieve tri goals: I will have to sacrifice some social stuff

No comments:

Post a Comment